Many of these rules come from this particular rule set by Tar on Flight Rising: Pinkerton nuzlocke challenge forum. This challenge is their creation. I’m just playing by its rules. All credit for this goes to them!
These are the basic rules of this nuzlocke that I’ll be expected to follow:
- A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of the nuzlocke.
- All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering. These don’t effect the nuzlocke in any way. Use this to feed my clan and gain treasure to expand the lair so I can hold more dragons.
- There are no restrictions about applying apparel to my dragons. Same goes for familiars. Use these to add lore to my dragons, if desired.
- Most importantly, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot I will obtain daily from Pinkerton’s plundered pile!
Pinkerton is the keeper of the Plundered Pile in Flight Rising, where users can go to receive one random item a day. What this item is determines my activities and fate for that day. These are considered the “drops of fate”.
Extra rules I will be following:
- My progens will be immune to the nuzlocke rules in order to ensure I have a good supply of starting dragons. Thus their names will be Safe (my custom-made female Mirror) and Zone (the randomly-generated male progen). In order to do this, they will be the current only permanent breeding pair in the clan, granting them immunity to the plague since the Nesting Grounds are isolated from the main lair. Their job is to try and breed as much as possible to keep the lair populated despite the plague. This immunity, as well as the one-permanent-breeding-pair rule, may be rescinded in the future depending on how many dragons remain in my lair and how long I can roughly keep this challenge going.
- Immunity = does not go into coliseum, cannot battle or level up, is either part of the breeding pair (extra breeders via Pinkerton-apparel-drop are not considered immune) or is Level 25
- The flight I choose MUST be Plague. The nuzlocke is due to a plague that threatens the lives of those that will be living in my clan. Those that survive to Level 25 have miraculously recovered from the illness and are thus immune permanently.
- All dragons MUST have names relating to a disease of some kind, preferably fatal. Get creative with these. Safe and Zone are immune to this rule, as are any pre-named hatchlings that I purchase via familiar or trinket drops.
- Treasure can be gathered in Fairgrounds or selling loot at my discretion. This treasure CANNOT be used to expand the Nesting Grounds. If more than two nests are required at any point through multiple apparel drops, keep a list of which dragon pairs get the second nest. The first nest belongs exclusively to Safe and Zone (or whoever my currently breeding pair is). UPDATE: ALLOWED MYSELF TO PURCHASE A THIRD NEST AS OF 3/30/16!!
- Any unhatched eggs that I scavenge during my Gathering turns will be added to the challenge as a free dragon addition. No coin flip for survival is required for these.
- I cannot take advantage of any freebie dragon offers in the FR forums. The only dragons I can take that don’t come from my breeding pair are from the Auction House if Pinkerton gives me a familiar or trinket. I can, however, accept unhatched eggs if someone (for whatever reason they may have) gives one or more to me. Aside from AH Pinkerton-familiar-or-trinket-drop purchases, all dragons MUST hatch in my lair.
- Add as many screen-captured images as I am able to fully prove that my reported results are truthful.
- Try to update this every day, starting March 7th, that I am on FR to keep everything up-to-date. Admit if I miss any days.
My challenge level selection:
Hard Mode: I must select coliseum challengers in my lair using a random number generator. Then select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group. If my dragons level up while in that area, I can still stay there for the whole day. I can quit my battle streak at any time to regenerate health, if it is appropriate. I cannot flee from battles. Don’t try do 50 matches in a row!
For a ‘medium’ mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon. Challengers must still be RNGed. I can quit my battle streak at any time to regenerate health, if it is appropriate. I cannot flee from battles. *ACTIVE*
Easy Mode: Choose whichever venue I want and go for it. Challengers must still be RNGed. I can quit my battle streak at any time to regenerate health, if it is appropriate. I cannot flee from battles.
Food: Coliseum time!
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches
Materials and trinkets: Flex my creative muscles!
Materials: Do some writing for my nuzlocke. How does my new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are my dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog or a thread for my challenge in the FR Creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big adventure!
Trinkets: Do some art for my nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for me. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of my dragons. Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn’t have to be that good or elaborate.
TRINKET PURPOSE CHANGED AS OF 4/30/16!! DUE TO LACK OF SCANNER DURING MAY-AUGUST, TRINKETS WILL SERVE SAME PURPOSE AS FAMILIARS DO, ONLY MINUS THE RNG SPECIES RULE!! TRINKETS HAVE ME PURCHASE CHEAPEST DRAGON IN AUCTION HOUSE, REGARDLESS OF BREED!! THIS EFFECTS ANY TRINKETS BEING CURRENTLY HELD PRIOR TO THIS RULE BEING PUT INTO EFFECT!!
5/2/16 – DECIDED TO MAKE TRINKET RULE CHANGE PERMANENT!! TRINKETS = CHEAPEST DERG FROM AUCTION HOUSE, NO SPECIES RNG!!
Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the Auction House of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed I will get! Attach the familiar to the new dragon.
Apparel: Free breeding opportunity!
Breed any two dragons together for an extra nest besides Safe and Zone’s (or whoever my current breeding pair is). Which dragons I choose is up to me. I can also change one of the genes on a dragon or use a scatterscroll, if I ever get that rich and crazy.
Note: I must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the hatchling is dead and I must exalt it. This is in keeping with the original FR Nuzlocke creator’s rule, on noodlesthing’s nuzlocke thread. All hatchlings must be named prior to the flip.
Battle items: Uh-oh!!!
Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens
DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the “food” rules 10 rounds consecutively (i.e. I cannot leave that arena), quitting the streak if a dragon dies.
5/12/16 UPDATE: I KEEP FORGETTING TO FLIP A COIN FOR THIS SO LET’S JUST TAKE THE COIN FLIP OUT OF THE EQUATION, JUST TO MAKE IT WORSE ON ME!!
If my dragon count falls to zero (unlikely unless I totally rescind the breeding pair rule and make no dragons immune), I am going with this option:
3. Just say “welp” and buy a few dragons from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because I lack patience.